Sunday, March 22, 2009

1921 - 2009

Ruth Ross died this morning at 87. And as a last great adventure, is on her way to Berlin to be buried next to her late husband, my namesake.

I brag about her to everyone. She's the woman who shares my enthusiasm for fruit and rescuing plants from dumpsters. The tough lady who would swim 25 laps a day and traveled the world up until very recently. My grandmother who survived the Holocaust and has been like another mother to me. She always laughed and covered her face when I tried to take her photo.

1 comment:

Theresa Cyr said...

I'm so sorry about the loss of your grandmother. I, too, lost my grandmother, my last grandparent, on March 5th also at the age of 87. My Mémère Gagnon would have turned 88 on March 31st. Although it was a blessing for my grandmother, it still doesn't make it easy.