Monday, August 18, 2008

Winos

Went to two very unique weddings this past weekend. The first was a traditional Hasidic Jewish wedding. My sister knew the bride from Israel. Men and women sat on separate sides during the ceremony and the dance floor was divided similarly. I was instructed not to "touch men," a simple handshake or bumping into someone of the opposite sex would be considered rude. Photographing the event was tricky too. I was constantly aware of myself as a female and cautious not to draw any attention to myself as a photographer. The second wedding was more personable. One of my house mates, Jake got certified online to marry his high school friends. Friends from Bower attended the reception which included mostly raw/vegan food and an untraditional ceremony. We hung out at the lake all day and then camped at the couple's new home.




No comments: